Vaterland Odyssee

Sunday, September 10, 2006

NIPPON!

OK, so I got told to post, and as I should, since i've been in Japan for the last week. Came here for a touristy holiday with my brother and his girlfriend.

We arrived in tokyo (I had a great flight through HEATHROW...), got settled in Shinjuku, spent a day in Disneyland, Harajuku, Akihabara and Shibuya/Yoyogi respectively, then moved on to Hiroshima to hang with an old work friend of ours who's got himself set up here as an english teacher, hanging out with all the other expat teachers and dating one of the students. We mostly did a whole pile of shopping in tokyo, but are seeing sights in Hiroshima, like Miyajima island temple today, and the Castle and parks tomorrow..

We stayed in a dodgy, cramped hotel in Tokyo, but in Hiroshima we are in the Roayel Rihga, 5 star goodness for only $100AU per person per night. On the 25th floor, facing the Castle grounds, we have a pretty awesome view, and a bathroom that's literally larger than the hotel room we had in Tokyo.

We go back to Tokyo on tuesday, my bro and his gf fly back to Aus on wednesday, and I fly out on thursday afternoon back to Deutschland. I'm hoping to spend a bit of time travelling around germany (hopefully north) before my parents come to visit at start of October, then it'll be back to uni after that.

That's about all from me, hope you guys are enjoying your crazy trips and exciting adventures, I kind of ran out of time these holidays I guess, too much sitting around waiting for things to happen TO me.

5 Comments:

  • Yay, finally someone other than Luke and me has posted! Sounds like fun over there, Graham... when you travel a bit around Germany, are you going to come to Berlin at all? We could go nudist spotting at the lakes in Potsdam! (don't look at me like that)

    It's funny that you're in Japan, and we're in Amsterdam, and yet I'm trying to read a hostel computer screen, where everything's in chinese characters... yeah, random.

    Speaking of random, we met Ana and Clint at a tram stop in Amsterdam last night...

    Back to Berlin on Friday! So glad to be going home =)

    By Blogger lemanie, at 1:08 PM  

  • Hey graham!
    Japan would have been really cool, I am so jealous. Seems funny that you flew back towards Australia and then all the way back to Germany... You could at least have had a stop over in Sydney and said hi to us or something...! Enjoy your return to Germany,

    Tara

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 PM  

  • Heh, yeah Japan was a hoot, I was over it by the end tho, cabin fever with my brother i think, not seeing him for 7 months, then living with him for 2 weeks >.<

    Yeah, i'm thinking about coming up northwards on tuesday or so for a few days, you guys going ot be around and free?

    By Blogger Graham, at 2:40 PM  

  • tuesday as in today, or next week? Either way's fine, we'll put you up somewhere here! Looking forward to it!

    By Blogger lemanie, at 10:52 AM  

  • Yes Luke I am indeed alive, and more importantly, kicking. Especially after that sideshow bob comment. Anyway I'm getting a haircut on tuesday (mon dieu!), so I'll probably get downgraded to a krusty or a garfunkel, whatever floats your boat.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home